MUIR WOODS Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) UPDATE: June 14, 2016, 10:30 a.m.**Or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard.
Marin County Civic Center
Board of Supervisors Chambers, Room 329
3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael
A public meeting will be held before the Marin County Board of Supervisors to present an update on the County of Marin and National Parks Service (NPS) activities to implement the Memorandum of Understanding that was adopted by the County last June 30, 2015.
Information will be presented on the following issues:
- implementation of the Muir Woods/Franks Valley Road parking barrier system
- additional parking regulations/restrictions
- interim parking management strategies
- Summer 2016 Muir Woods Shuttle, a collaboration between Marin Transit and NPS
- NPS reservation system update
- Muir Woods site improvements planning
- future Muir Woods/Franks Valley Road improvements associated with the Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) grant and concrete bridge replacement
NOTE: to read the full MOU adopted last year 1. copy this phrase into your search engine:
Final MOU National Park Service County of Marin June 30 2015
2. select the PDF (link) that matches this phrase. If you are unfamiliar with the issues under discussion, it is well worth the effort to read through this original document.