|CLICK this image to enlarge|
Judyth Greenburgh, co-founder and one of the organizers for the CVD project, writes:
There are several opportunities to find out more about the Charles Van Damme ferry’s exciting progress and ways to support the efforts to restore the recently saved 100-year-old Ferry Boat's artifacts (the paddlewheel and steam stack) and place them on public display in the new Waldo Point Park at Gate 6 road.
1. Steering crew recruitment meeting:
- Wednesday September 21st at 65 Liberty Dock at 6.30pm.2. Floating home Association tour – Saturday September 24th:
- please RSVP at charlesvandammeferry.org/participate
– a booth explaining the projects, telling the history & sharing the plans.3. Charles Van Damme Centennial celebration at the Seahorse – come and celebrate with us:
– tickets will be on sale for the Charles Van Damme Centennial celebration at the Seahorse
– Friday November 18th at the Seahorse4. – Don’t worry if you are unable to do any of this but want to still participate or donate
– featuring a grand line up of bands (Joe Tate, Fiver Brown and Jerry Hannan ) an exhibition and a Story Booth to record your memories of the ferry boat
– proceeds will go towards the restoration fund
– by visiting charlesvandammeferry.org you can learn more.The richardsonbaymaritimeassociation.org is our fiscal sponsor enabling us to qualify for non profit 5013c status.
I can be reached at the following numbers: 1 (760) 876-9123 (telephone)
–– 1 (415) 331-5483 (pager) –– and 1 (415) 272-3611 (mobile).
I live 9hrs away! I commute 1 week amonth to run this project
– that’s also why I need help from a team of people. –– Judyth Greenburgh
link to the Mark Prado MarinIJ article published August 14, 2016: